Perl is a highly capable, feature-rich programming language with over 30 years of development, runs on over 100 platforms, and is suitable for both rapid prototyping and large-scale development projects. Take this video-led course and discover some of the amazing things you can do with Perl 5, including downloading text and images from the Internet (just like Zuckerberg in The Social Network), reformatting data, importing and exporting data to and from databases, sysadmin-type tasks like renaming or moving files, fixing even huge amounts of data quickly and even creating web CGI scripts.
- Access 67 lectures & 14 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to use Perl for a variety of common tasks
- Understand how to use regular expressions
- Learn data reformatting, importing & exporting
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web & mobile streaming
- Certification of completion included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Updates included
- Experience level required: intermediate
- Basic knowledge of computer programming in any language
After working as a software developer and contractor for over 14 years for a whole bunch of companies including CSC, Proquest, SPSS and AT&T in the UK and Netherlands, John Purcell decided to work full-time as a private software trainer. He now lives in Budapest, Hungary, from where he runs the website Cave of Programming. For more details on the course and instructor, click here.